Building a Bridge between the German and Anglo-Canadian Legal Systems
We are Canadian and qualified to practice law in Germany. Our focus is client service. Our clients are North American and English businesses and private clients, including global players who want to expand their business to Germany. We also consult foreign law firms and provide opinions to foreign courts.
Our job is to enable our clients to achieve their goals. We give personalized advice that is communicated in a clear way because we speak the language and know the culture. We ensure that our clients understand every step of the legal process so that they can make informed business decisions. We act quickly and work effectively, at all times, to the highest professional standards.
Our legal services extend to:
- Incorporations and mergers as well as consulting start-up businesses in Germany
- Managing holding companies in Germany
- Drafting sales, licensing and distribution agreements pursuant to German law
- Service of foreign legal proceedings against defendants in Germany
- Enforcing and defending claims made before the German civil courts
- Obtaining work permits in Germany
- Drafting managing director service contracts and employment agreements in Germany
- Winding up estates and enforcing claims against estates in Germany
- Preparing notarized translations of legal documents into the German language
We are assisted in our practice by a strong network of legal, tax and accounting professionals throughout Germany to ensure quality of service and timeliness of response.
We regularly participate in seminars on cross-border aspects of German law with professional associations in Canada.